2008-01-06

Israeli cellphone numbers

I am surprised how many people don't understand my recent gtalk's status message: "No more 054 4818021. Since November, please find me at 05 44818021."

Hint: I used to be a slave [of a mobile phone company]. Now I am a free man!

More on that matter: a super-funny bug in VM's phone system was discovered - it's no longer possible to call 054 numbers which are not Orange. They are directed to the Orange line which then replies "only orange numbers can be called from this line".

Funny story #3: It appears like landline company phones are now also interchangeable. One can move from Bezeq to Hot and still have his 03 number. IZ was trying to move an apartment to another area in Tel Aviv, and was trying to keep his 03. "No" said bezeq, "we cannot relocate to a different station". His only way to keep it was to move to another phone company, and then back to bezeq.

No comments: